Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bulbuls - the last set of pictures

These pictures were taken of a pair of devoted parents taking turns to feed their young. I used my Olympus SP-55OUZ so that I could photograph these birds using the 8 X Optical zoom that allows me to keep out of sight and yet be able to capture close-up views of these ultra-sensitive creatures. Little did I know then that this was the last time that I would see these birds.

Here one moment and off the next.

Looking out for danger or threats to the nest while its partner does the feeding.



The dad and mum take turns to catch insects and be the look-0ut.

Three hundred-and-sixty degree surveillance before flying to the nest.

Here you are my lovelies!



Gone again and now it's Dad's turn to feed.

Coast is clear!

Okay safe to go the young ones now.



Pity I never got to see the baby bulbuls because...

today, when I went out to take a look at the nest in the clump of Torch Ginger plants next-door, I received a shock:

Moral of the story: Don't take things for granted. Peace and happiness are fleeting like these bulbuls. Treasure the moments of joy because they do not last. I will miss these birds and I feel really sorry that the young birds did not get a chance to grow. With the nest gone, they would not be able to survive for even if they are not harmed, the parents would abandon them because the nest has been disturbed.

No comments: