Thursday, July 8, 2010

Birds that I saw this week

There was no time to adjust the camera settings nor could I move closer to the bird or change my position to get a better shot. So the best I could get was a silhoutte of a green-coloured parakeet perched high on a twig above me at the Hortpark.
At the Singapore Botanical Garden I had the luxury of sitting on a bench amidst the lush greenery of my surroundings. A Spotted Dove came by and did nothing but pecked at the ground incessantly making it difficult for me to focus and especially so when I was trying out the manual adjustments of my Canon SX210IS Then something made me look up and then I spotted this jewel amongst the mesh of branches of this tree. It was a colourful and wary Stork-billed Kingfisher and seconds after I pointed my camera at it, this suspicious bird took flight.

No comments: