Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bulbul on Good Friday 2008

Wouldn't it be nice to hold this cute pudgy bird in your hand? I would love to but the bulbul won't be pleased about that. In fact it spends every moment in my garden with extreme cautiousness, always looking straight into my house suspecting that I am there half the time. I have learned to keep very still whenever it and its partner comes to play amongst the thorny branches of my bougainvillea plant.
This particular bulbul was on this branch for less than 10 seconds and in that time it was bobbing its tail up and down continuously. I had to take several shots just to catch it still for a second with its tail down.
I got the picture I wanted at last.
Here's the other bulbul showing off its beautiful feathers and the reason why it is called a yellow-vented bulbul.

No comments: