Friday, October 30, 2009

Spotted Dove

I spotted this Dove from afar and even with the stretching of my Olympus 84.2mm zoom lens to the maximum, I only managed to bring it this much closer. Not good enough and really I should have used my Canon 400D with the more powerful zoom. If only! Since I happened to have in my hand the Olympus with its frustrating slow response to anything, I had to make the best use of it because birds are such restless creatures - even this spotted dove that was walking along the edge of a retaining wall. It was pecking at bits of the plants apparently having its breakfast. Conscious of its highly exposed position, it constantly looked up and down and around before taking a cautious peck at the plants.
Frustrating moment - The spotted dove flew off before the shutter of my camera was activated.

No comments: